top of page
Search

the black boy

WELCOME TO THE BLACK BOY Pubs across England called The Black Boy are generally named after King Charles II. It was a nickname coined by his mother because of the darkness of his skin and eyes. King Charles is credited with popularizing champagne drinking and yachting in England. The original Black Boy was closer to the Warwick Road than the building that stands today, the new premises were built in 1793 because of the new canal trade. History marched on with the death of Nelson, the American Civil War, the fall of Napoleon and two World Wars. Throughout all these years the Black Boy has served the community and many famous customers cruising on the canal. The Black Boy is now owned by the Rigby Family, who in 1993 restored it to earn a reputation as one of the finest public houses in the midlands

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

ooooops

king james

King James IV (1473-1513) and the European Muurs – Jide Uwechia King James IV (1473-1513) and the European Muurs – by Jide Uwechia King James IV of Scotland came to the throne in 1488. He was an able

the constitution

The Constitution came from our ancient laws and Hebrew laws, the Iroquois Confederacy also known as the Continental Congress. The Moors was the majority in all those groups, including the Union. Co

Comments


Post: Blog2 Post
bottom of page